Two in There!

week 29, hardest so far
August 25, 2009, 5:02 pm
Filed under: babies

Image Hosted by

Week 29, thankfully it’s almost over, as it’s been the scariest so far. When I made my video diary at 28+3, that was the last day I really felt myself. I’d started feeling a little bit wheezier than normal, and just generally unwell. Overnight it seemed to go right into my chest, and I was concerned enough to go and see my GP.

Roll on the first course of antibiotics, two different inhalers, and some curling up on the couch. The next day I felt like I’d been hit by a truck; my chest hurt with every breath, I was gasping for air, and coughing up radioactive goo. Doctor was coming to see me at the house but took so long, so off I took myself to the hospital, where they told me I had bronchitis again (I’m asthmatic and usually get this nasty in the winter) doubled my antibiotics, listened in on the monkeys and told me to rest. Managed to get through another couple of days, just feeling like absolute crap.

Come the friday at 29+1, I’d had a bleed, my lips had gone a bit blue, and I was feeling worse. Went up to the hospital again, pulse was up at 160 resting rate, and I was having painful braxton hicks when I coughed. Was admitted and given a little room on the postnatal ward, where I’d been when I’d had Heidi. I won’t bore you with all the details, but I was pretty much a human pincushion for four days, on 3 different types of IV antibiotics, IV fluids, beta blockers, antiemitics, iron and painkillers. I was really well looked after by the loveliest midwives, and thankfully, my own consultant for 2 out of the 4 days. There was lots of stress with trying to trace and listen in on the monkeys; number 1 would not play ball on several ocassions. Result; me in tears and a registrar bringing up the portable scanner. Turns out he’s fine, just really bloody naughty!

Had no visitors for 3 days, really missed D & H and spent most visiting hours hiding behind my curtain having a wee sob to myself. Had lots of phonecalls though, which made it bareable. Come day three I  was allowed out for some fresh air and to stretch my legs on the physio’s advice, decided to sneak off in my car to subway, so as to supplement the hospital’s meagre vegetarian offerings. Best meal ever.

Yesterday, after coming off my IV’s and onto just one lots of oral erythromicin and the rest of my pills, I’d had a day of no palpatations, and my pulse had stabilized at 88, so was allowed to go home. I actually danced I was so happy! I’m on bed rest to try and keep the bambinos cooking as long as possible, (as my immune system is feeling a bit lazy due to all this infection), and to try and keep these painful tightenings at bay.

Really hoping I’m back to full health soon, and that these two stay put for the next 7 weeks. It’s going to drag, I can tell, but I’m roping in as much help as possible so I can actually do as I’m told. These babies are far too important to me, let’s just hope fate is on my side!

S xxx


Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: